Sunday, March 20, 2016

My Millennium Park Field Trip ♥

     Allow me to tell you a fabulous story about my fabulous self in the third grade. The date is June 3rd, therefore my birthday. I was super-duper excited about this date because my classmates and I were going to go on a field trip to Millennium Park in Chicago! Honestly, what's a better birthday gift than skipping school to go to an amazing place?!
     Anyways, being my nerdy, young self, I didn't have any phone or camera to take pictures. Would you like to know what I took with me? Be prepared to cringe or laugh. I took my DSi. Yep, I was that one geeky kid. Oh well! I took some pretty amazing pictures on that thing, considering it wasn't any type of "professional" camera. Go photographer Mer! (For those wondering, I had a blue one).
     After the painfully long bus ride of anticipation, we exited towards boats, which would take us to the park. Passing by people waving definitely boosted the morale of the group, making us all even more excited to arrive at our final destination. 
     Now, I don't have that many memories of this lovely day, unfortunately, so I'm just going to describe the four that I remember.
1) Taking a Photo Under the Bean.
     For those of you that don't know what the Bean is, it's a huge statue of this metallic-silver bean at the opening of the park. My friends and I wanted to take pictures, under, not next to it. It was a truly beautiful and trippy experience, especially when I accidentally bumped my head! Oops! Clumsy, 10-year-old me. 
2) The Face Fountain
     The next amazing attraction at this park was the Face Fountain. Needless to explain, it's literally a giant screen that displays portraits of people spitting out water. Now that I think about it, it's kind of gross. But who cares when you're 10 years old? You want to play in the water with your friends! That's exactly what I did. 
3) Matching Tie-Dye T-Shirts
     The day before, all of my classmates and I skipped some classes to make tie-dyed t-shirts. My wonderful friend and I decided to make matching ones so we could always find each other and be the coolest twins ever. I still have the t-shirt to this day, and it's dyed red and yellow. 
4) Buying My Own Ice Cream
     When you're 10 years old, chances are your parents buy things for you. With just the point of a finger, you could get a  delicious candy bar or shiny, new pencil. Buying something on your own was a huge step into what we used to call "being an adult", and my mother gave me some money to buy my own ice cream cone. It was a pivotal moment in my life, seeing that I was able to order my very own cookies and cream cone.
     That's all for today, my friends! Tell me about one of your field trips!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Face Fountain! It always feel like they're spitting saliva at me. What kind of DS did you have? I used to have a red DS Lite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr! It was literally the coolest thing in my life. I had a DSi, and I still think it's somewhere in my drawers... I need to look for it xD

      Delete